Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bee Battle...


So, you guys all know that I am 

The Bee Whisperer, right?

Click here to see my moves

Anyhu.....

Those bees are Carpenter Bees, and they almost never sting


Wells, yesterday, I gots my bees mixed up!

I tried to wrangle one of these


Yuppers.


Note to self....

THESE bees STING!


How do I know???


I GOTS STUNG!!!

Right in my mouth!!!


Good news....I now knows I'm NOT allergic!!


This is what happened.....


I, Ruby, the Bee Whisperer,

actually CAUGHT a real live BEE

in my mouth!!

Ooops.


Apparently,  they don't like that.

HE STUNG ME!

THE NERVES!!

I started running around like, well, I got stung by a bee!



Then into my tunnel for good measure...


Then I had to go try and find the FRICKEN bee again...

Butts, Ma beat me to it....

(sorry, no picture..Ma was too freaked out that I was gonna have a reaction, so she smooshed it before I could gets it again....RIP little guy....:(  )


Ma ran inside and gave me two more Benadryl's

just to bee (☺) sure

and watched me for HOURS...

No reaction.

WoooHoooo!


Be careful what you eat puppers!

Let's stick to flies and moths....safer that way!


34 comments:

  1. Ouch, I think I'll stick to catchin skwerrils and rats. And mousies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, snapping at bees is such a doggie thing to do! I am so glad your head didn't swell up like a beachball and that you're OK. Your mom probably had to down a couple of margaritas in order to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bees are too easy pickings. Catch houseflies and you're doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouchies hurties. We have lots of bees around at the moment. We hear them humming in the trees. So far, we haven't tried to catch one. We think we'll leave them alone. Glad you didn't have a reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow Ruby!!! Those things are DANGEROUS! You gots to stay AWAY from them!! It reminds me of the time I (Chloe) had a real LIVE chipmunk in my mouth and it was WIGGLING and SCREECHING and mama was screaming! I let her take it though...and no one got hurt. Sometimes we need to do things like that...just to keep the parents on their toes!! Hope you are ok Ruby! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chomping on bees doesn't sound like a good idea at all - best leave them alone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh noooooo.... Ruby that screams for ice cream to cool down your mouth... better stay with flies, they sit on interesting places and they can tell you the best stories when they whisper to you :o)
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yowsha Ruby! lucky you didn't get all puff doggy in the face...or worse....we have lots here and we always try and catch them..the worry is the wasps..there is like a plague of them..al the shops sold out of killing stuffs..so mum has got containers hanging up where only a wasp can get ..filled with stinky cat food and dripping in ant poison..she feels bad but Dad is super allergic and mum is allergic and well..they kill the bees and we need the bees..even of they bite Ruby's when they shouldn't :)..so bee careful....and big hugs ...paw pats Forrest xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one crazy gal Ruby. Glad you didn't have any reaction to that sting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OWWWWWWWWWW! My mom got stung by a yellow jacket on her birthday 2 years ago. She was screaming like a crazy lady. It looks like you took your sting with a bit more grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never caught a bee, but it's not for lack of trying! Our Auntie Linda in SC hits carpenter bees with a tennis racket when they buzz around near the deck and sends them zooming away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY WORD GIRLFRIEND...THAT WAS A HORROR STORY WITH A HAPPY ENDING. DEAR ME SWEETIE THANK GOODNESS YOU AREN'T ALLERGIC. I THINK A MARGARITA WOULD HAVE CURED THE STING OR AT LEAST MADE YOU FORGET ABOUT IT.
    MOM ONCE KNEW A TWO LEGGER WHO HAD A BEE GET INSIDE A CANNED PEPSI...THANK GOODNESS HE SAW IT JUST AS HE WAS ABOUT TO DRINK.
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFFF

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMD! RUBY!! Glad you are OK, Leave those bees alone OK!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo We are soooooooo sorry to hear that the NASTY BEE dared to sting our furend... WE are GLAD that it will Never sting you again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND we are glad that you are NOT allergic to the sting, and that your Ma got on it right away and gave you the Benadryl. THAT is GOOOOOOOD stuffs.
    Soooooo sorry about the OWIE, Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH RUBY fanks so much for giving us the lesson on how NOT to eat a flying insect...Mom has got to stock up on that Benadryl stuff cos you just never knows at our house between us three pugs and nine grandkids who is going to try to eat a bee.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ouch...ouch...ouch!!! Mom had two dogs that got stung. Little Lucy ate a bee just like you did and her whole face swelled up. But Libby stepped on a bee in the grass and she went into a coma for a couple days. They both survived, but it was scary.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no poor baby. That bee must not have known you were the whisperer
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love to eat bees too, Ruby, and it's almost boring bee time at our house! Mom says that I better remember what you said if I want to stay safe. We're glad you're okay and not allergic, Ruby!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Ruby you are so brave for slurping up that bee! I try, but I seem to be lacking the talent. BOL So glad you're okay and the bee is not. BWAR HAR HAR
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
  20. OUCHIE!!!!! Didn't that hurt, Ruby??? We are glad you aren't allergic, but please don't eat the bees; it's OK to eat the daisies:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  21. OUCH! So glad you were not allergic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We will stick to eating grass, and June Bugs!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stay strong with me Ruby! Do not let the bees win. I bite them ever chance I get and yep, I get stung and swell up. Do I learn? No, I do not. Bees are not my friend but you are! ­čÉż Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sorry, Ruby. That must have really hurt inside your mouth. Aw, poor girl. I'm glad you're not allergic.

    Our dog, Astro (an angel for a long time), once snarfed a bee and got stung. For the rest of his life, he was terrified of flies but NOT afraid of bees. Silly boy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh if that was a little honey bee he strung you in defense and if the stinger stayed in your mouth why he killed himself also, so you mommy stomping on him and killing him she probably did him a favor by putting him out of pain. Glad you are not allergic.
    hanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMD bee careful Ruby! I don't like things that fly or buzz my head, I run and hide from them.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh no Boo! I am soooo glad you are okay! What was that bee thinking stinging you?? Was he really trying to kiss you? I am so glad you are OK! BTW, we have really bad winds today and tonight so I will not be able to stare at the stars in the furs. Mom says I have to stay indoors. So I will be looking out the big picture window and howling for you. Just didn't want you to think it was a wolf. Tonight my sweet! XOXOXOX

    Your Stud Muffin,

    Murphy & Monkey Buns

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Lordeeeeeeee, I'll bet you gave your mama a total freekherout scare!!!! Glad you are OK! Probably the salt and booze in the margarita took away the sting immediately, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  29. holy moly ruby! glad you didn't have a reaction from that bumble! bee careful my friend!
    xoxo, bailey unleashed

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ruby
    I am so glad you are okay!! That is very scary to hurt so bad, and for your mom to worry so much.
    I am alergic to stings,, so my moms try to watch me to make sure I don;t try to catch one of those..
    So glad your okay.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  31. The nerve of that bumble to sting my Ruby!! I am glad you are ok, please be careful girlfriend cause I love you. Did the benedryl make you all dizzy and tired?? They do for me. Don't mix it with a Rita cause you will really go crazy.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  32. I do that too. We keep lots of benedryl on hand. Glad you are okay, Ruby!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  33. Holy Moly, Ruby! You need to BEE careful when choosing the BEES you eat! I prefer flies...no stingers on those buggers but they can be quite hard to catch. I am so glad you were not allergic.
    Oz

    ReplyDelete


Click on the image to go to the circus